3D printing is a challenge, but not as much as it was just a few years ago. Plug-and-play 3D printers with features like auto-leveling, filament monitoring, remote printing and monitoring via Wi-Fi, power failure resume printing, Easy dual extrusion systems, and water soluble support materials like PVA, have made 3D printing much more accessible to designers, engineers, hobbyists and the general public. 3D modeling has also come a long way in making it easier to create 3D printable models. We followed Morphi, the easy-to-use 3D design software for iPad and Mac, has been around for quite some time and recently reported on their new AR functionality. PC users have something to smile about as Morphi is now available for desktops and laptops running Windows 7 and 10.
âMorphi is for everyone, everywhere,â said Sophia Georgiou, CEO and designer of Morphi. âWe want to inspire people who use Windows laptops and desktops to visualize and develop their ideas with our software. “
Morphi for Windows is almost identical to the Morphi for Mac version, with unique features designed specifically for Windows, such as the ability to create 3D type in all fonts and sizes, which are available to Windows users. Wi-Fi access is not required to create in Morphi, but Wi-Fi is required to initially download software to computers. According to Morphi, their software has a lot more to offer compared to other 3D modeling software, including the fact that it does not require the use of Wi-Fi and its compatibility on a wider variety of computers and iPads. .
Its main characteristics are as follows:
- It’s simple to use, with kids as young as kindergarten designing without logins and passwords.
- Powerful drawing features are available on all of its platforms, including freehand, mirroring, and rotating lines.
- High contrast jpg and png files can be created directly in 3D, without having to import them into other programs to vectorize them.
- 3D input is enabled in all fonts available on the platform used.
- The augmented reality tool allows the viewer to place and modify their 3D models designed in Morphi and Morphi Edu (its identical sister app for discount shopping for iPad) in their surroundings using the camera of the iPad.
- Reasonable prices for individuals and schools.
Morphi is also set to release several new features and changes later this year, including the following:
- Enhanced 2D to 3D tools for refined drawing, to better read thin lines and turn them into 3D models
- Greater choice in creating higher resolution 3D models
- Additional augmented reality tools
- New Morphi manual and YouTube tutorials
- Launch of the Morphi Educators program connecting teachers
- Android version
They also announced that there are some surprise features for 3D printing, virtual reality, and animation to come, possibly in the year.
Morphi has come a long way since its initial release less than 3 years ago. It was used to design many different things, including inventions such as model rockets and art, and is very popular in education.
âWe are a start-up focused on designing products to empower individuals and groups of all skill levels to create,â says Georgiou, âWe are excited about what people are going to design and look forward to seeing them. user feedback so we can make Morphi for Windows v2 and our other platforms even better.
Morphi for Windows can be downloaded and tried for free for 15 days and is priced at $ 4.99 per license for schools purchasing 20 or more licenses, and $ 9.99 per license for those purchasing less than 20 licenses. To download the trial version and / or purchase Morphi for Windows, please visit Morphi download page.
If you are looking to get started in 3D modeling for the first time or if you are a seasoned designer looking for an app to sketch 3D models quickly, then Morphi is worth checking out. What do you think? Are you interested in using Morphi or are you already using the program? Chat in the Morphi forum on 3DPB.com.